7.24.2006

Confessions of a Non-CORE IBO

I'll admit it-- I haven't been CORE in at least 3 months. As I indicated in my April Accountability post, life changes have really turned my schedule upside down.

I'll also admit that the counsel of many WWDB leaders to singles that they have an advantage over couples and that they should seize the opportunity while they are still single, is wise counsel indeed. On a similar note, I would surmise that the counsel of Ron Puryear to "dig your well before you're thirsty" is also wise.

I'll admit thirdly that I have gone more than 3 decades of life without effectively learning or practicing time management. It is said regarding both time and money that if you do not learn to control them, they will control you.
I'll further admit that my lack of time management skills is due mostly to a lack of personal discipline. I suspect that most people in American society function on a similar compulsory basis behind their financial and time-management decisions: They move when circumstances have bound them to move, in the direction that circumstances demand.

Fourth, and most controversial, I hereby submit that my contractual relationship with Quixtar currently offers me no greater chances of success than in MLMs like Oasis Lifesciences, Usana, Amway, Shaklee or Nikken. ("Ha!" critics and naysayers the world over exclaim, "He admits it!")

Well yes, I'll stand behind my confession. Quixtar currently offers me no greater chance of success than those other vehicles-- because I'm currently applying equal effort to all of them. (Equal in the sense that zero = zero.)

If there is a "dirty little secret" behind those engaged in Quixtar-affiliated independent businesses, it is that most people who are involved never choose to overcome their bad financial and time-management habits. I know, I know, that's much less scintilating than cult conspiracy theories and "secret" tool money rumors, but well.. it is what it is. (Tin-foil hat wearers should direct their attention to the tall mysterious hairy creature running through the woods to catch a ride on that glowing saucer-like vehicle while the rest of us continue in an adult conversation.)

Ironically, this "dirty little secret" is also had in common with most former-IBOs-turned-critics. To further the irony, these critics are less likely to admit this reality than presently affilliated IBOs who are more or less still positive. In truth, the only difference between myself and a former-IBO-turned-critic is that I admit the lack of achievement is directly tied to my lack of discipline AND since I understand that, I have continued hope because of a belief in my ability to change.

A formerly affiliated critic cannot risk admitting that lack of discipline applied to the Quixtar business plan is responsible for the majority of those who don't acheive an arbitrary pin level because it opens the possibilty of exposing their own shortcomings.

Since my goal is to become financially free, not to be "right", I have no such reservations to admitting my shortcomings.

But I've digressed...

Where was I? Oh yes-- Time management: I still need to master it. Going forward, my efforts will be focused on that, because I understand that with personal discipline in this area will come success in the arena of my choosing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home