2.06.2006

Google Spamming

Well, I regret to inform any IBOs reading this site that I have come across information online that has reversed my opinion on a company I once regarded highly, which I once considered to have outstanding products (even if they seemed a bit pricy at first glance).

As background, I should explain that I first came to be involved with this company and it's products through a friend of mine at work. Apparently, his parents were selling the product out of their garage. After meeting the parents, and trying out the product, I was convinced of it's value and made a commitment to it.

I had been very happy using the product for nearly a year now, and have been speaking highly of it and recommending it to all I knew during that time.

What a fool I've been.

Apparently this company has committed the internet sin of engineering web pages to (*gasp!*) influence their visibility in search results of the popular search engine Google. For a company to endeavor that their products and services be regarded in a positive light is quite frankly beyond the pale.

This, based on Quixtar critics' logic, has convinced me that this incident by this company is proof that the company's business model is a scam, that their products are over-rated and over-priced, and that countless unethical salesman affiliated with the company really have tirelessly attempted to get people "into one of those things." Obviously, the webpage engineering is just an attempt to obscure these unseemly details about the company to the unknowing internet surfer. Proof that it has never been a reputable company.

It's a crying shame, and I hate to be the one to break this news to my fellow... BMW drivers.

Heh.

(Transparency disclaimer: Although the author is in no way affiliated with BMW Germany or its American counterpart, he does drive one of their products and finds it neither over-priced nor over-rated. Despite the incident linked above, he will continue to enjoy the product without apologies. Yes, the author has no shame.)

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home